In 2018 the Yogaraum will continue to offer our Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu self-defense classes for women taught by black belt instructor Michael Maarup Pedersen. The regular classes will take place every Tuesday until June, 26th 6:30pm - 7:45pm.
Learn to effectively defend yourself against the most common attacks ranging from having your hair grabbed to being pinned to the ground by a stronger assailant.
Each class will focus on how to apply leverage, technique and timing so you can defend yourself against larger and stronger opponents and very importantly, how to make the techniques work regardless of age and athletic ability.
Besides the benefit of learning how to defend yourself you will also get a boost in confidence and self-esteem and an increase in our awareness in your every day life, which is the first layer of self-defense. Women with high confidence and awareness are less likely to get attacked.
Covered subjects during womens self-defense classes:
- How to effectively avoid being taken to the ground against a larger attacker
- Breaking free when someone grabs your wrists/hands
- How to free yourself when someone grabs/pulls your hair
- Effective ways to stand up and managing the distance to a potential attacker
- How to escape from underneath and attacker pinning you to the ground
- Learn fundamental submission attacks (choke holds, arm- and shoulder locks) to subdue a larger attacker
Everyone is welcome to join and no prior experience is needed to participate in the classes and it is possible to join at any point during the semester.
Full prize for all semester: € 200,-
If you have any questions then you can send an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a call (0664 3802473).